Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pick #2 - DONCASTER ROVERS vs Bury

MK Dons eventually broke through in the second half against Oldham, opening the season with a comfortable 2-0 win. Leicester, Sheffield united and Chelsea were also good bets and a reliable treble.

Intially, tonight's fixtures looked too close to call, leaving me leaning towards a patient wait for the weekend fixtures. However, divulging deeper into the football league matchups, several teams tempted me into risking week one's £1.62 returns. Burton Albion look an appealing bet against AFC Wimbledon, with very good value at 7/5. A fixture that makes me wonder tonight is Huddersfield vs Nottingham Forest. I'm still not completely convinced the newly built forest is completely ready, and in their first home game of the season I could see Huddersfield nabbing a win at 17/10.

The solid bet for me tonight looks like Doncaster Rovers, at home to Bury. On paper the recently relegated Rovers look to still possess enough quality to start their home form with a win, priced somewhere between 5/6 and 4/6.

Pick #2: DONCASTER ROVERS to beat Bury within the 90 minutes at 4/6.

No comments:

Post a Comment